Picnic Labs is scaling and growing our many Self-Insurance Pools.
As a result, we are looking for an experienced Underwriter to be responsible for the establishment and growth of our Financial Lines portfolio, and the underwriting duties for Picnic Labs and its associated Mutuals.
What you’ll be doing:
- Building and managing the Financial Lines products and portfolio across Picnic’s Mutuals
- Establishing and executing underwriting strategy, guidelines and processes
- Identifying, managing and executing new Member acquisition opportunities
- Fostering and building relationships with brokers and the Boards and Executives of Mutual members
- Contributing to the strategic and business planning for the Financial Lines portfolio
- Collaborating with Marketing & Customer Experience to identify points of engagement, messaging, and other Member-focused activities
- Fostering and building relationships with relevant existing and new brokers and Mutual Members.
- Handling all the administrative functions and documentation in Salesforce for Financial Lines products, leads and opportunities
- Ensuring a robust, professional and customer centric experience
- Empowering, engaging, and supporting a strong team and compliance culture to achieve group results.
- Supporting a set of established cultural and behaviours
Who we’re looking for someone who:
- is self-directed, independent operator with the ability to operate in remote/online working environment, where needed
- collaborates across the team to deliver results
- has a consultative approach to work with all members of the team & clients
- works quickly, efficiently & methodically
- has a well well-rounded understanding of the insurance industry, legal environment and regulatory requirements, trends, and market forces
- has a flexible attitude to various responsibilities and tasks
- has a high level of numeracy & problem-solving skills
- is highly organised with well-tuned prioritisation skills
- is highly competent with technology, or an ability to learn new systems and tools for team and client communications and engagement.
We’re looking for someone with:
- A track record of creating growth in Financial Lines
- At least 5 years’ experience in Financial Lines insurance in Australia
- ANZIIF Qualifications are desirable
- Relevant university qualifications
What we will do for you:
- Provide meaningful work where you get to flex your mind and provide thought leadership
- Provide the support needed to do your best work
- Provide a competitive salary, plus super
- The opportunity to work within a self-managing organisation where team collaboration is real, not something that appears on a motivational poster
- A paid parental leave provisions, as well as annual, personal, and long service leave programs
- Provide the option for part-time work for anyone returning-to-work post parental leave
- Genuine work/life balance
Who are we?
Picnic provides a Platform as a Service to incubate & support Self-Insurance Pools.
Our mission is to empower communities to protect themselves from sudden financial peril in a community they trust.
We are For-Community, Back-to-Local & For-Purpose. We enable the creation of branded Self-Insurance Pools around existing or new communities, protected by the Picnic (2460) Syndicate @ Lloyd’s and powered by our in-house experts at Picnic.
How to apply
This is a career opportunity, not just another job.
Send your resume and a letter telling the story of your experience and career aspiration.
If you’d like to discuss the role before applying, please contact us at Careers@picnic.com.
All applications, emails and conversations will be confidential.